News and discussions
- Third pre-release of darcs 2.1.0. Release pushed back to 17 October latest for more testing. We're getting very close to the finish line!
- Darcs ideas in other VCS. Kirill Smelkov has kind words for us on behalf of the NAVY project, which is moving away from darcs. Best of luck to Kirill with whatever revision control system NAVY choose! While we are delighted that "Good ideas behind [darcs] were adopted by youth", we still have a thing or two to show these whippersnappers.
- Haddock + Hoogle == Javadoc on steroids. Simon Michael has combined haddock and hoogle to give us a lovely darcs code browser. In the meantime, Florent Becker has been adding value to this browser by sending in lots of haddock patches. Many thanks to Simon and Florent!
- Patch theory update. Ian gives us his latest progress on documenting, prototyping and improving darcs patch theory. "[S]ome proofs are finally starting to appear, albeit rather handwavey for now". Go Ian!
Thanks to our patch reviewers for this week for giving David a hand!
- Simon Michael
Issues resolved in the last week (5)
- issue1003 David Roundy
- don't sever transfer-mode connection on IO error.
- issue1043 David Roundy
- fix bug in mergeAfterConflicting.
- NB. half-resolved, more to follow!
- issue1078 Dmitry Kurochkin
- make ioAbsolute work with symbolic links in file paths.
- issue1102 Eric Kow
- recognise but do not generate patch log 'junk'.
- issue1110 David Roundy
- fix get --hashed.