Darcs is a free, open source revision control system. It is:
- Distributed: Every user has access to the full command set, removing boundaries between server and client or committer and non-committers.
- Interactive: Darcs is easy to learn and efficient to use because it asks you questions in response to simple commands, giving you choices in your work flow. You can choose to record one change in a file, while ignoring another. As you update from upstream, you can review each patch name, even the full "diff" for interesting patches.
- Smart: Originally developed by physicist David Roundy, darcs isbased on a unique algebra of patches.
Supported GHC and Cabal versionsDarcs 2.14 can be compiled with GHC 8.0, 8.2 and 8.4, and
supports Cabal versions from 1.24.
Windows issuesDarcs 2.14 received many updates in its support of encoding.
However, it may still contain bugs, especially under Windows,
a platform for which we have fewer known users. Please let us
know if you encounter weird behaviour under Windows.
What's newUser Interface:
- fix encoding business, make DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_8BIT=1 default (Ben Franksen, Ganesh Sittampalam)
- show explicit dependencies in `darcs log -s` (Gian Piero Carrubba)
- improve bash/zsh completion (Ben, Gian Piero)
- no longer print an error message when ctrlc'ing pager (Guillaume Hoffmann)
- darcs help markdown` mentions all files in `_darcs/prefs/` (Guillaume)
- add patch index status to `show repo` command (Ben)
- per-file conflict marking (Ben)
- make it possible to use DARCS_SCP=rsync (Ben)
- add --not-in-remote option to unrecord command (Ben)
- plug memory leak and improve efficiency in annotate (Ben)
- save unneeded FL/RL reverses in SelectChanges module (Ben)
- optimize token replace code and --look-for-replaces (Ben)
- no longer show conflicting files on `whatsnew -s`, will reintrodue this
- feature when it is done efficiently (Guillaume)
- separate display and storage of patches (Ben)
- support GHC 8.2 and GHC 8.4 (Ganesh)
- many refactorings in Darcs.Repository modules and API (Ben, Guillaume)
- no longer track build dependencies in Setup.hs, nor use alpha, beta, rc names (Guillaume)
- refactor `pull --reorder-patches` (Ben)
- refactor SelectChanges (Ben)
- remove Patchy typeclass and redundant constaints where possible (Guillaume)
- fix build with cabal new-build (Francesco Ariis)
- unit and quickcheck tests for inventories (Ben)
- throw out all access to bytestring internals from Darcs.Util.ByteString (Ben)
- refactor, simplify, and document hunk application (Ben)
- drop support of old cache location and SHA1-hashed repos (Guillaume)
- rely on GHC's own stack traces for bug reporting (Guillaume)
- fix mail encoding with '.' or '=' as last character (Timo von Holtz)
- issue2526: whatsnew -l --boring should list boring files (Ben)
- issue2208: replace detects existing force hunks in working (Ben)
- issue2512: author name is written to repository after multiple-choice prompt (Stephan-A. Posselt)
- issue2359: convert --export mishandles Unicode filenames (Ben)
- issue2545: prevent argument smuggling in SSH repository URLs (Gian Piero)
- issue2581: fix rebase pull --reorder (Ben)
- issue2575: fix unrevert with rebase (Ben)
- issue2579: allow darcs send to work even if no MTA is installed
- issue2555: include explicit dependencies in the output of `log -v` (Gian Piero)
- issue2569: decoding multibyte characters (Ben)
- issue2563: create remote repo in correct format in ssh tests (Ben)
- issue2565: create _darcs dir after searching for an existing one (Ben)
- issue2567: darcs whatsnew --unified (Ben)
- issue2566: avoid renaming across file systems (Ben)
- issue2564: delete wrong and irrelevant propConcatPS (Guillaume)
- issue2559: remove trailing empty lines in patch header edition (Guillaume)
- issue2536: mask out internal matchers in `show files` routing logic (Gian Piero)
I remember that Camp (video) was being worked on to form the basis of Darcs 3. What ever happened to that work?
That is really nice. A complete project managementm&a process software will help you fo handle the complex m&a deals.
Reston dentists | Reston Modern Dentistry offers complete dental care including cosmetic dentistry. Call our office at (703) 956-9444 or book online.
I bookmarked more article from this website. Nice blog provide.
This is the right blog. Great stuff, just great! Thankyou!
Wow, amazing blog format! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.
Great blog! Thanks for sharing this one. click here
separate display and storage of patches (Ben) support GHC 8.2 and GHC 8.4 (Ganesh) many refactorings in Darcs.Repository modules and API (Ben, Guillaume) no longer track build dependencies in Setup.hs, nor use alpha, beta, rc names
Joana | how to repair drywall
That's great! Thanks for the update. Click here
Thanks for the amazing blog. Bookmarked this just in case my friends at Lawn Restoration Victoria needed it.
Bellid - Stair Design Company
Pretty post. Thanks, Burnaby Residential Window Washing
Darcs 2.14.0 is a free, open-source revision control system that is distributed and interactive. It supports GHC 8.0, 8.2, and 8.4 and Cabal 1.24 and up. Some notable changes in this release include improvements in the user interface, new features such as per-file conflict marking, performance enhancements, and various bug fixes and refactorings. For a complete list of changes, please refer to the release announcement. cincinnatiseo.io/
Thanks for the great content you've shared here. Siding Repair
Thanks for this great content you shared. https://www.mavericksupplyinc.com/
I guess this is a nice content post, thanks for this! Roofing Services in Burnaby
It's great to see here an interesting content. https://www.athenshardwoodfloorga.com/
I got a bunch of ideas from other members here. Thank you so much! Appliance Repair
Originally developed by physicist David Roundy, darcs isbased on a unique algebra of patches.
◄ kitchen remodeling company arlington tx
Thank you for sharing this interesting post. https://www.carpetmasteronline.com/
I actually save this website, I love the free stuff provided here... Thanks a lot! Milton General Contractor
Glad to check this great blog, thanks for the share. https://www.ismilespa.com/
Was there any released new and updated versions of this? Was this the last one?
Interesting. The updated version is posted where?
Your site is so good and informative thanks for sharing this content www.concreteoakville.com
Thank you for sharing this great blog here. info
Thanks to the brilliant team behind Darcs for this update! rockstar-ride.com
Thank you guys might find this useful post. visit here
Brilliant post, Thanks for sharing this content! AC Repair
You have a nice data! Thanks https://scottkeeverseo.com/akron-seo/
Thanks for this informative blog and for forgiving us and for the opportunity to share our views. Attic Insulation Services
Separate display and storage of patches (Ben) support helpful scripture and GHC 8.2 and GHC 8.4
Great blog. Loving the content! Regards - Retaining Nanaimo
I think Pijul is now considered to be the way of the future for patch-based version control by most people | heater maintenance companies
So far you have an amazing blog! thanks online-application.org/social-security-administration-office/oklahoma/
I'm very very happy because I find this article, thank you very much has been sharing this information! www.concretemilton.com
I am happy to read about this article and learn more about this subject.
gutter cleaning Cincinnati
Very glad to find this site because Darcs is a distributed revision control system that offers an interactive and smart approach to version control by removing boundaries between server and client or committer and non-committers, asking questions in response to simple commands, and providing users with choices in their workflow. Darcs is based on a unique algebra of patches and was originally developed by physicist David Roundy. price
That's great news about the release of Darcs 2.14.0! Darcs is a free, open-source revision control system that is distributed, interactive, and smart. This release includes updates to support encoding and fixes for several issues, including multibyte character decoding, creating remote repositories in the correct format in ssh tests, and preventing argument smuggling in SSH repository URLs. Additionally, there are new features such as per-file conflict marking and the ability to use DARCS_SCP=rsync. Performance improvements include plugging memory leaks and improving efficiency in annotating, optimizing token replace code, and no longer showing conflicting files on what's new -s until it can be done efficiently. The release also includes several developer-related improvements, such as supporting GHC 8.2 and 8.4, and refactorings in Darcs. Repository modules and API, and unit and quick check tests for inventories. cincinnatiseo.io/
I am so much interested in this release! Check our services to know more about us!
Despite some issues, Darcs remains solid! www.thunderbird-cylinders.com
Amazing work, Darcs! Keep it up Underground Utility Services
Thanks for these release updates.
I think Pijul is now considered to be the way of the future for patch-based version control by most people click
Cheers for sharing this beautiful article. SEe more at tejadosalgeciras.com/reparacion-de-tejados-y-cubiertas
You there, this is really good post here.Thank you for providing a quality article.call us today
Thanks for this informative blog and for forgiving us and for the opportunity to share our views. https://www.roofingcontractorvictoria.com/
This is so informative! Thanks for sharing www.eokitchen.com/
encoding overhaul, and a lot of behind-the-scenes improvements to make it a nicer project to hack with and hack on!
URL: local concrete companies near me
I'm so impressed with the content! I love it . Thank you unmannedsas.com/
We put out a lot of effort to increase curb attractiveness while also giving your vehicles a solid base. Additionally, we can swiftly and economically execute any installation thanks to . concrete company in dallas
So many great and useful tips! I don’t even know where to start! Thanks anyway. Coquitlam Insulation Services
Darcs is a distributed version control system used for managing source code repositories. The release of Darcs 2.14.0 is a significant update and includes several new features and bug fixes.
Tempest Game Server Hosting
post! you done great effort, it is very useful for me Click Here
Thank you for sharing the news about the release of Darcs 2.14.0!
Darcs is a distributed, interactive, and smart revision control system that is available for free and is open-source. The latest release of Darcs includes a number of new features and improvements, such as per-file conflict marking, improvements to encoding support, and optimizations for performance.
In addition, Darcs 2.14.0 has resolved several issues, including fixing mail encoding, preventing argument smuggling in SSH repository URLs, and improving decoding of multibyte characters.
Users can compile Darcs 2.14 with GHC 8.0, 8.2, and 8.4 and use Cabal versions from 1.24. Although the latest version of Darcs has received many updates in its support of encoding, it may still contain bugs under Windows, a platform with fewer known users. If any users encounter any unusual behavior under Windows, they are encouraged to report it to the Darcs team.
Overall, Darcs 2.14.0 brings several new features and improvements to the Darcs revision control system, making it a more user-friendly and efficient tool for developers. ibisegozi.com/
Great and fantastic tips! nice blog!
Retaining Wall Concrete
I'm so impressed with the content! I love it . Thank you - efindanything
I'm so impressed with the content! I love it . Thank you - blogdevt
Love your content. Keep up the good work!
Retaining Wall Experts
This is impressive, thank you for sharing! appliance repair in Edmonton
Amazing work, darcs. This is what I am looking for!
Excavating Pros Halifax
I'm so happy with the content! Thank you so much water experts here
This unique algebra of patches in Darcs makes it a smart choice for revision control. With Darcs, every user has distributed access to the full command set, breaking down barriers between different roles.
divorce lawyers columbus ohio
I'm so impressed with the content! I love it. They are slip resistant. Choosing a driveway made from a resin-bound material is an excellent choice if you want to reduce the number of accidents that occur on your property. This material is slip-resistant and is easy to maintain. It prevents puddles from forming and helps prevent loose stones and weeds from growing on the surface. Resin-bound driveways are also SUDs-compliant, so you don't have to worry about keeping your property safe. You can find out more
this is great thanks for sharing
The reason for this is explained by the fact that there are fewer known users of Darcs on Windows, making it more challenging to identify and address issues specific to that operating system. The users are encouraged to provide feedback if they come across any unusual or unexpected behavior while using Darcs on Windows. This feedback will help the developers in identifying and resolving any issues that may arise.
High security fence
Thanks for sharing this valuable information, Darcs! Nice job.
From Residential Landscaping
Thank you so much for keeping us updated.
management companies for house rentals Siesta Key, FL
Post a Comment